16 March 2011

Effecting Change

Welcome to the Neighborhood News

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

Every once in a while, we feel like we can’t go on, like we can’t bear one more burden, go one more mile, give one more hug, make one more meal.

In these times of ours, we are all heavy laden, whether with jobs, household chores, careers, school or church responsibilities. Some of us are married, some are single and the only support of the children. Some of us are in a position of responsibility or have a spouse that is, and we feel the need to support them. The burdens may seem overwhelming.

When I read the scripture featured above, I imagine someone holding a big, heavy, loaded sack on their back, walking on a long, empty road. Standing next to this person is the Savior, with His hand extended to grab the sack and hold it to help this weary traveler. You can see in the Savior’s eyes how meek and loving He is. I want to rest next to Him and feel ‘rest unto my soul.’ Wouldn’t you?

I know that whenever I can’t go on, all I have to do is unload my burden to Him, and it will seem lighter. I know, because I have done it. It’s such an experience to have the knowledge that Christ is there, ready to take up your load when you can’t hold it any longer.

As always, we welcome your comments.

To view a copy of the Neighborhood News for Wednesday, 16 March, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by the Neighborhood Blog. Please leave a comment, we love hearing from our readers.