08 March 2010

GOAL Is A 4-letter Word

                                  Welcome to the Neighborhood News!

We're always making and breaking goals. How can we make sure we'll be able to achieve the goals we come up with at the beginning of the New Year, the beginning of a marriage, or, for that matter, any kind of new beginnings?
Cami Checketts writes about 'Setting Achievable Goals'. She tells us: "If you’re like me I’m on fire about my lengthy list of goals and then a couple of weeks into the year I realize something – my list is too long and I’m miserable. I’ve finally discovered that it doesn’t work for me to make too many goals at once."

On the other hand, Kasie West from Mormon Mommy Bloggers says it like it is, with the following statement: "Goal always has to be a four letter word, but it doesn't have to make you feel bad. Obviously goals are important."


If you ran out of ideas for Family Home Evening activities, here's one site that will bring lots of them right to you. Check out this young family's contribution on the Word of Wisdom. Genious!


To view a copy of Monday, 8 March's Neighborhood News, click here.

No comments: