23 June 2010

Careful Listening

Welcome to the Neighborhood News

“I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.”  
~Ernest Hemingway.


Our first contributor in today’s newsletter is LuAnn Brobst Staheli. Lu Ann is an award-winning educator and author. She brings to us this thought “What You Repeatedly Hear You Will Eventually Believe.” You will find her posts at “LuAnn’s LDS Library.” She says: “Politicians use repetition all the time to sway our vote. Vote for me. I’ll solve all your problems. My opponent believes. . .(insert an option here that the people won't like).”

Our next entry comes from Seth Adam Smith. I believe this is a very talented young man, just check out his movies on YouTube. Seth blogs at sethadamsmith.com. His article is “The Selfish Giant – A Poem.” You may have read the original story, but Seth has rewritten it as a poem, and I love the ending. I also like his counsel, he says: “Just open your heart to the goodness of life.” Yes, life is good, and we should know that.

Our last entry is about Family Reunions. A good counsel to adhere to is: “You have to decide when planning a reunion what type of reunion you want to hold and whom you would like to invite.” Do you want a big, extended family reunion, or a smaller, cozier kind, maybe include just one side of the family?

To view a copy of the Neighborhood News for Wednesday, 23 June's, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by the Neighborhood Blog. Please leave a comment, we love hearing from our readers.