27 December 2010

Personal Touch

Welcome to the Neighborhood News

This month Personal Touch celebrates Christmas with a special series on the Life and Miracles of Jesus Christ. Throughout December we’ve explored the miracle of the Savior's Birth, the powerful lessons of the Savior's childhood, and the Miracles of Christ’s ministry.
This week, we turn to award-winning singer/songwriter Hilary Weeks for reflections on the Everlasting Christ. She and artist Simon Dewey co-authored He Lives, a book of music, art, and text that celebrates the Atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Hilary has published two other books and released 6 albums earning 6 different Pearl Awards from the Faith Centered Music Association including Inspirational Album of the Year, Female Vocalist of the Year, and Songwriter of the Year. With inspiring lyrics and a voice audiences have come to love and depend upon, she shares her heart and the insight drawn from everyday life. In addition to her solo releases Hilary has been featured on an extensive list of compilation albums, but for every achievement, she credits the great love of Jesus Christ. And in spite of all the accolades and success, her most beloved moments are those spent with her family. Hilary, her husband Tim, and their four daughters live in Utah.

*     *     *


One of the articles we’re featuring today got me thinking about regrets. The article is about going back in time and giving your younger self some advice. Even when the writer is talking about advice from an author’s point of view, I thought of it in a broader scale.

I thought: would I want to go back and change some of the things that I’ve done? Would I tell myself to go in this direction instead of the other one taken? Would I do things differently? Or would I stick it out and stay in the road I’d chosen?

I came to the conclusion that, even with all the emotional pain that I may have gone through at times, I wouldn’t change my life. I realized that from the deepest sorrows that I’ve felt in life, I have learned the greatest lessons, and I don’t want to lose them.

I took inventory and realized that I have a wonderful family, a husband that wants to provide for us, children that want to do what’s right, and a home that’s getting a face lift even as I write this. I have improved my talents in ways that no one but me (and my husband) can tell. I have made mistakes, plenty, but that’s between the Savior and I, and I’m fine with that.

What about you? What would you do? Please share your thoughts with us.

To view a copy of the Neighborhood News for Monday, 27 December, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by the Neighborhood Blog. Please leave a comment, we love hearing from our readers.